Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SCHOOL HISTORY

A brief history of the school principal and their contribution to the development of the school.

Chief Inspector Bailey
Founder ~ Year 1915
Anglo-Chinese School Seremban was founded in 1915 through
the combined works of the local Chinese community and the
English missionary workers, Mr. Bailey who was then the
Chief Police Inspector in Seremban. The early missionaries realized that there was a rising need to set up a school that could teach both Chinese and English, a request made by the Chinese community.
The school first started in a shophouse located in Seremban Town,
with only 17 students and 6 teachers.

Rev. T. R. Jones
1st Principal ~ Year 1916 to 1917
Leading merchants in the area raised funds to build the church,
the parsonage and the school. Local support for these projects was
reported as 'tremendous'. The church missionary served as both
pastor of the church as well as the school principal.

Rev. T. W. Bowmar
2nd Principal ~ Year 1917 to 1922
Second church missionary took over the helm from Rev. T. R. Jones
It took some 5 years before the new church building was ready and
the Mission House (which doubled as the church manse) was
completed in the same year. The history of the school was closely intertwined with that of the Wesley Methodist Church in Seremban,
which shared the same compound as the school.

Rev. T. R. Jones
Return as the school principal ~ Year 1922 to 1923
Return to Seremban to continue work. The school expend with
increasing number of students. No other official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. T. W. Bowmar
Return as the school principal ~ Year 1923 to 1928
Again, Rev. T. W. Bowmar return to spearhead the administration.
In order to maintain its increasing number of student, (at an early stage when most were either boys' or girls' school) he immediately make an expansion at the right wing of the administration block with additional classroom in year 1925. Within a space of 2 years another expansions was carried out at the left wing of the administration block in year 1927.

Rev. G. V. Summers
3th Principal ~ Year 1928 to 1930
The new school crest was created featuring the cross respresenting
the christianship and the school motto "Fide Et Labore". The first school magazine was published under close supervision of the school principal entitle "The Silent Signpost".

Rev. C. D. Patterson
4th Principal ~ Year 1930 to 1931
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. R. A. Blasdel
5th Principal ~ Year 1931 to 1932
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. J. A. Supramaniam
6th Principal ~ Year 1932 to 1934
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. H. F. Kuehn
7th Principal ~ Year 1934 to 1936
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. B. H. Baughman
8th Principal ~ Year 1936 to 1937
No other official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. H. F. Kuehn
Return as the school principal ~ Year 1937 to 1939
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Rev. W. S. Reinoehi
9th Principal ~ Year 1939 to 1941
No official documentation was recorded during his tenant as a school principal.

Mr. Yong Yew Kim
10th Principal ~ Year 1941 to 1942
The school crest change it looks. The school song was created and edited by Mr. Yong Yew Kim based on the song "Marching Heroes" by Adam Geibel, 1904.

Year 1942 to 1945
During the Japanese invasion, the school was taken over by the
Japanese Troop to became their Military Base, most of the important documentation was destroyed. Under Japanese Occupation, the school has been renamed to 'RENOROJOO', mainly to teach Japanese language to local resident.

Year 1945 to 1946
When the Japanese surrender, the school was reopen to the public but the students had to use the Wesley Church as their classroom
because most of the classroom was occupied by the British Army.

Rev. P. H. Schmucker
11th Principal ~ Year 1946 to 1948
Because of great demand for older students who had difficulty or
who are unable to enroll themselves in the government school after
the World War II, Rev. P. H. Schmucker successfully set up an
additional class to accommodate them, and he name it as
Anglo-Chinese Continuation School also known as Methodist Afternoon School. In 1948, Rev. P. H. Schmucker, set up a new building to accommodate younger students with the school name Anglo Chinese Primary School from the fund donated by the United State of America.

Rev. C. D. Ingerson
12th Principal ~ Year 1948 to 1952
In 1948, the school start it first General Science subject. And in
year 1951, a first batch of Senior Cambridge students sit for their
General Science Paper Examination. Anglo-Chinese School Old Students' Association (ACSOSA) was established in 1949.

Mr. Yong Yew Kim
Return as the school principal ~ Year 1952 to 1955
Again, Mr. Yong Yew Kim was elected as the school principal for
the 2nd time. Immediately a new project to construct a new block with 10 classroom has begun conjoining the administration building.

Mr. Ngui Choon Jin
13th Principal ~ Year 1955 to 1961
Took over the project from Mr. Yong Yew Kim, the new block was
completed and it was officially opened by His Highness, Tuanku Sri Abdul Rahman Ibni Al-Marhum Tuanku Muhammad Shah,K.C.M.G., the Yang Di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan and dedicated by Dr. Hobart B. Austulz, the District Superintendent, Central Malaya District, Methodist Church in Malaya on 20th Julay 1956, "for advancement of education in the state". The school also held it first "Family Day" in year 1957. In year 1958 the school was divided into two separate administration and board of management. The Anglo-Chinese Primary School was manage by the Board of Managers, and Mr. Veerapan was elected as the School Head Master. Meanwhile, the Anglo-Chinese Secondary School was manage by the Board of Governers, and Mr Ngui Choon Jin was elected as the School Principal.

Rev. S. T. Peter Lim
14th Principal ~ Year 1961 to 1965
The official school magazine has change its named from "The Silent Singpost" to "The Signpost", and for the first time in history, three languages (Bahasa Melayu, Chinese and Tamil) are compiled in a single magazine. In year 1964, Methodist Afternoon School are shifted behind the main school building and has renamed it into Methodist High School.

Mr. Nga Buon Huow
15th Principal ~ Year 1965 to 1972
In year 1968, a new science block was constructed with 4 classroom,
a Physics Laboratory and a Domestic Science room. It was officiated open by Minister of Education En. Khir Johari. An additional three floor building was construct conjoint it in year 1971, with 2 Science Laboratory, 2 classroom and a Library. This building
was officiated by Tuan Haji Hamdan, who was then the Director General of Education, on behalf of the Minister of Education.

Mr. F. Chandraseragam (M)
Year 1972 to 1973
In year 1972, Mr. Nga Boun Huow migrate to Singapore, while awaiting for a new principal, Senior Assistant Mr. F. Chandraseragam stands in as the school principal. No other official documentation was recorded during his tenant.

Mdm. Lim Leng Lee @ Wong Pat Mooi
16th Principal ~ Year 1973 to 1977
The school first lady principal. Mdm. Lim Leng Lee was a former
headmaster in the Girl Methodist School, Melacca. No other official documentation was recorded during her tenant.

Mr. Peter Lee Chin Teck
17th Principal ~ Year 1977 to 1993
Mr. Peter Lee as he is well known, was the longest serving principal
with the total of 16 years. The school changed it name from Anglo Chinese School to Sekolah Menengah Methodist but retaining the word ACS in bracket. The new school crest was created.In year 1990, the school celebrates it Diamond Jubilee.

Tuan Hj. Mohd. Amin B. Ahmad (M)
Year 1993 to 1994
During the absents of the school principal, Senior Assistant Tuan Hj. Mohd. Amin B. Ahmad stands in as the School Principal. In the same year, the school lost it football and utility field when the
Methodist Church sold its 1,945 hectare of land to the Negeri Sembilan Government. A new "Living Skill" block was constructed conjoint with the caretaker quarters and it was officially open by the school principal.

Mr. Peter Lee Chin Teck
Return as the school principal ~ Year 1994 to 1999
Mr. Peter Lee, return to spearhead the school for another 5 more
years after a year break. Reconstruction was carried out in the
Staff Room and in the Office in year 1995. Another project was started to construct the "Bilik Gerakan" in the administration building in year 1997. A new Islamic communal building was constructed conjoint with the Science Preparatory Room in year 1998.
In the same year, the school change it name again from Sekolah Menengah Methodist (ACS) Seremban to Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Methodist (ACS) Seremban.

Mr. Chor Swee Meng
18th Principal ~ Year 1999 to 2003
In year 1999, 4 new small reading hut was elected inbetween the
Wesley Youth Centre and the Primary Building. And a new pavilion
was constructed at the front-left side of the administration building. In year 2000, the school re-establish the ACSOSA and the school official magazine, The Signpost which have cease it publication 20 years ago. With the PTA contribution, the second pavilion was construct in year 2001at the front-right side of the administration building. In year 2001, together with the PTA, the school successfully launch it ICT courses for the Form 1 and 2 students with 22 computer (6 units Pentium 1~166MHz and 16 units Pentium 2~400MHz). In year 2003, another 20 unit of Pentium 4 ~ 1.8 GHz being added bring the total to 42 units. In year 2002, the school got it first cheer song entitle "The Victory Quest". In the same year, the school successfully invite the Menteri Besar of Negeri Sembilan to officially launch the 26th General Meeting.

Mr. Thong Kok Chaw
19th Principal ~ Year 2003 to ...
Mr. Thong Kok Chaw was elected as the school principal and within
short period, he administrate strict discipline among students and at the same time he make massive physical changes to the school. For the first time the school was selected to host the Annual Music Festival together with the Negeri Sembilan Ministry of Education cooperation, the school successfully host the Negeri Sembilan School Music Festival. In year 2004, the school score another great achievement in both academics and co-curriculums, the school produce excellent results in both PMR and SPM examination. In year 2005, the school being selected as the Premier School candidates.
Under his leadership, the school gets a new motto 'ACS : MYSchool MYPride MYJoy'.

VISI DAN MSI SEKOLAH

VISI

Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Methodist (ACS) cemerlang dalam kurikulum, kokurikulum, sahsiah dan integrasi menjelang tahun 2011.


MISI

Dalam usaha untuk menjadi cemerlang dalam kurikulum, kokurikulum, sahsiah dan integrasi menjelang tahun 2011, kami warga Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Methodist (ACS) dengan penuh iltizam akan
1. Meningkatkan pencapaian akademik setiap pelajar.
2. Meningkatkan pencapaian kokurikulum pelajar secara optinum.
3. Melahirkan pelajar berperibadi mulia.
4. Menyemarakkan integrasi warga sekolah dalam semua aspek.